Little Pedersen Fankhauser assists tax-exempt public and private foundations, charities and educational institutions addressing particularized tax issues arising from their tax-exempt status and from their normal operations.
Our services include:
- obtaining initial recognition of tax-exempt status
- retaining tax-exempt and public charity status
- public and private support issues
- unrelated business income tax planning
- tax return filing issues
- audit and appellate controversies with the Internal Revenue Service
In addition, we routinely deal with employment tax issues for exempt organizations and state universities – ranging from ordinary withholding questions to the requirements for reporting payments to non-resident aliens.
We also have significant experience in the creation, qualification, and operation of tax-exempt entities to serve as affiliates of or to provide support for existing charitable and educational organizations.
We represent a number of state university systems, individuals and public and private exempt organizations with respect to tax status and taxation issues.
- Mark A. Fankhauser